Join a Summit session to strengthen your leadership skills
Register here for our January 22, 2021 session
What a Year! Physician Leaders Offer 2020 Lessons and 2021 Plans
- If leadership opportunities are growth opportunities, then 2020 was the ultimate test. Join us on January 22, 2021 to discuss the healthcare challenges that you and your peers faced in 2020 and hear successful strategies that helped organizations to adapt and prepare for 2021. You’ll hear useful techniques for organizational planning as well as approaches for personal leadership development during times of crisis.
During these unprecedented times, the ASCENT Summit provides you with practical insight, tools and the opportunity to share with others as you lead through change and uncertainty. Through Summit’s virtual sessions you will both learn from faculty experts and your peers the skills to lead your team, department or organization. Your investment in Summit will leave you energized with ideas, tactics and new peer relationships for the days to come.
July 17, 2020 – Leading Through Uncertainty
- David Willis, MBA of The Advisory Group shared health care industry insights on addressing and succeeding in these continued times of change and uncertainty.
- Download the Summit July 2020 Summary from our July 17, 2020 session Leading Through Uncertainty
August 21, 2020 – Leading Through Change and Transition
Stephanie Waite, MSLOC, Director of Leadership & Organizational Development at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago guided attendees through successfully leading through the stages of change recognizing areas of opportunities for their own organizations.
Download the Summit August 2020 Summary from our August 21, 2020 session, Leading Through Change and Transition.
September 25, 2020 – Anxiety and Adaptability: Consumer Attitudes Toward Health Care During COVID-19
Dean Halverson, CEO of Leede Research, a full service market research firm, shared recent findings on changing patterns of consumer healthcare behavior due to COVID-19.
- Download the Summit September 2020 Trail Card from our September 25th session, Anxiety and Adaptability.
October 23, 2020 – Fierce Conversations: How to Transform Leadership Through Meaningful Discussions
Laura Nelson, MD, MBA, VP and Chief Medical Officer Prevea Health, provided a thought provoking session on why we avoid difficult conversations and how to prepare for a meaningful discussion that will result in an ideal outcome.
- Download the Summit October 2020 Trail Card from our October 23rd session, Fierce Conversations.
November 20, 2020 – Social Determinants of Health: What Can You Do? Inspiring Your Practice, Organization and Community
- Evelyn Figueroa, MD, Professor of Clinical Family Medicine at the University of Illinois at Chicago and Executive Director, Figueroa Family Foundation lead this SUMMIT exploring how social determinants impact the health of every patient population. Attendees left this session with action plans to lead their system or organization.
- Meet Dr. Figueroa and see what steps she has taken to address needs in her own community in this recent interview: Solidarity Not Charity.
Weather Reports – view each month’s Weather Report on the Ascent YouTube Channel
Future Summit Sessions
December 18, 2020 – Chief Medical Officer Panel, 2020 in Review: Lessons Learned and Plans for 2021
All SUMMIT sessions 12:00 – 2:00 PM CDT
CME available free of charge for all attendees – Summit Series Ascent CME Information
Learn about our experienced faculty – SUMMIT Faculty and Physician Facilitator Biographies Nov 2020