The Ascent Physician Leadership Summit Series includes our virtual, engaging, interactive and educational sessions. Summit is designed to build your leadership skills as you learn from experts, share with colleagues, and energize your leadership journey. An annual Summit subscription includes the quarterly virtual learning events and a monthly delivery of either the Ascent Weather Report or Gear Check. These timely pieces provide the latest on industry updates and leadership trends. Summit provides you with practical insight, tools and the opportunity to share with others as you lead through change and uncertainty.
Join Summit today in time for our first virtual learning event on January 22, 2021.
What a Year! Physician Leaders Offer 2020 Lessons and 2021 Plans
If leadership opportunities are growth opportunities, then 2020 was the ultimate test. Join us on January 22, 2021 to discuss the healthcare challenges that you and your peers faced in 2020 and hear successful strategies that helped organizations to adapt and prepare for 2021.
Our panelists for January include:
Marilu Bintz, MD, MBA Chief Population Health Officer, CMO Affiliated Access Hospitals Gundersen Health System, La Crosse, Wisconsin
Chester Ho, MD Chief Medical Officer for Health Alliance Medical Plans and Population Health Carle Health, Champaign, Illinois
Christina Taylor, MD Chief Quality Officer, The Iowa Clinic, Des Moines, Iowa.
What is Summit?
Each Summit webinar offers the opportunity to learn from an expert in healthcare, learn from from your colleagues, and apply your insights as you build your leadership skills.
The Weather Report offers a 5 minute summary of the events that will impact healthcare tomorrow and into the future.
The Gear Check summarizes an aspect of leadership for your personal development.
Missed our 2020 series? – check below
July 17, 2020 – Leading Through Uncertainty
- David Willis, MBA of The Advisory Group shared health care industry insights on addressing and succeeding in these continued times of change and uncertainty.
- Download the Summit July 2020 Summary
August 21, 2020 – Leading Through Change and Transition
- Stephanie Waite, MSLOC, Director of Leadership & Organizational Development at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago guided attendees through successfully leading through the stages of change recognizing areas of opportunities for their own organizations.
- Download the Summit August 2020 Summary
September 25, 2020 – Anxiety and Adaptability: Consumer Attitudes Toward Health Care During COVID-19
- Dean Halverson, CEO of Leede Research, a full service market research firm, shared recent findings on changing patterns of consumer healthcare behavior due to COVID-19.
- Download the Summit September 2020 Trail Card .
October 23, 2020 – Fierce Conversations: How to Transform Leadership Through Meaningful Discussions
- Laura Nelson, MD, MBA, VP and Chief Medical Officer Prevea Health, provided a thought provoking session on why we avoid difficult conversations and how to prepare for a meaningful discussion that will result in an ideal outcome.
- Download the Summit October 2020 Trail Card .
November 20, 2020 – Social Determinants of Health: What Can You Do? Inspiring Your Practice, Organization and Community
- Evelyn Figueroa, MD, Professor of Clinical Family Medicine at the University of Illinois at Chicago and Executive Director, Figueroa Family Foundation lead this SUMMIT exploring how social determinants impact the health of every patient population. Attendees left this session with action plans to lead their system or organization.
Weather Reports – view the 2020 Ascent Weather Reports on the Ascent YouTube Channel
Summit sessions are 12:00 – 2:00 PM CDT
Listen to physician peer group facilitator, Carolyn C. Lopez, MD, describe the ASCENT approach.